- Resource Centers
- Knowledge Base
- Make a Difference
Ruth Institute's press releases
March 11, 2021
For Immediate Release
For More Information: email@example.com
Ruth Inst. Files “S*xual Orientation and Gender Identity” Submission to United Nations
The Ruth Institute submitted a memorandum to the United Nation’s expert on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity (SOGI). However, “We have no illusions of having an impact on the UN’s expert,” Ruth Inst. president Dr. Jennifer Roback Morse, Ph.D., said. “His mandate is based on the theory that sexual orientation and gender identity are innate, which we emphatically reject. But it’s equally clear that we and groups like us must oppose the gender ideology being pushed by UN bureaucracy.”
The Ruth Institute submission makes the following points:
1. SOGI-based policies are themselves a form of violence and discrimination against women and girls who wish to maintain their privacy, modesty, and physical safety.
2. Gender Identity laws would eliminate all sex-based protections for women and girls, which required decades to achieve. Among other things, it would require female athletes to compete against biological males who say they’re female, with the latter’s superior strength, endurance, speed, and agility.
3 SOGI laws would require Catholic physicians and hospitals to provide “trans-gender” drugs and surgery in violation of their conscience.
4. Such laws would criminalize speech by labeling criticism a form of bias.
5. Gender Identity is anti-science. A man or woman can’t change their sex, because they can’t alter their DNA, regardless of what they do to their bodies with drugs and surgery.
6. SOGI polices are an attack on the family. Activists often push for indoctrination in schools and media, and “transitioning” for minors, often without parental knowledge or consent.
7. SOGI policies are an assault on Christianity and Judaism, which acknowledge that God created us male and female, and that sex is inherent to our nature. Gender Identity ideologues believe such ideas are bigoted and encourage violence against the “transgendered.”
8. A gender regime would force people to lie about the physical reality of male and female and thus corrupt themselves.
Other groups opposing the UN’s SOGI push include Family Watch International, the UN Human Rights Caucus, the Compassion Coalition, Partners for Ethical Care, and the Women’s Liberation Front.
Morse mused: “I’m sure the countries which ratified the UN’s Universal Declaration of Human Rights in 1948 never imagined the day would come when the concept of man and woman would be under attack at the United Nations. SOGI is the most far-reaching attempt to rewrite the laws of nature and force adherence to a totalitarian gender ideology.”
The Ruth Institute is a global non-profit organization, leading an international interfaith coalition to defend the family and build a civilization of love.
Jennifer Roback Morse is the author of The Sexual State: How Elite Ideologies Are Destroying Lives.
To schedule an interview with Dr. Morse, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.