Making Marriage Cool
Core Values of Ruth Institute
- Marriage as the proper
context for sex and
- Respect for the contributions
of men to the family
Marriage as a lifelong
commitment between one
man and one woman
- Lifelong spousal cooperation
as a solution to women’s
aspirations for career and
- Cooperation, not
competition, between men
How Can I Help?
- Give Money. Donate to the Ruth Institute.
- Get informed. Subscribe to the Ruth Institute newsletter, featuring
Dr. Morse’s commentary.
- Spread the word. Forward the newsletter to your friends and family members.
- Start a conversation, with Ruth Institute bumper stickers, wristbands
and other conversation starters.
What We Do
Projects of the Ruth Institute.
- Campus Speakers Bureau, bringing lectures and debates to pro-life, pro-marriage
student groups around the country, at minimal cost to the students.
- Gay Marriage Affects Everyone: a workshop series explaining the importance
of man-woman marriage. Offered to churches and other non-profit organizations.
- Student Essay Contests, to reward and identify young people who share
the Ruth Institute’s vision.
- “Life in the HOV Lane,” You-Tube Video Contest: Wacky Things That Could
Only Happen in a Big Family.
- PADS: Parents Against Dumb Sex: an advocacy group for parents and grandparents
concerned about the culture of sexual license.
- Week-end Seminars for students and young adults, giving them the tools
they need to defend the family to their peers and to prepare for married life
- Assist Students in Organizing pro-life, pro-family clubs on their own
- Research and Research Dissemination Program.
- Week-end Seminars for Engaged Couples: potentially for the “tough cases”
of the churches, couples who are currently cohabiting, and resistant to Christian teaching.
- The Ruth Institute Supper Club (RISC) bringing high quality pro-family
speakers to San Diego County.
- Ruth Institute Books publishing project, bringing research to the public
in the form of books, booklets, research briefs, audio CD’s and DVD’s.