How can I use “Defending Marriage with Dr J?”
- Listen to it in your car
- Listen to it while you clean up after dinner: start a conversation with the whole family
- Give it to your pastor, and encourage him to preach on it, or otherwise spread the message throughout the congregation.
- Use it as the basis for a discussion meeting of your bible study, civic organization or service club
- Give it to your neighbors, or your car pool partners. Make a plan to talk about it after they’ve had a chance to listen to it
- Share it with your children or grandchildren. Let it be the opening of a wider conversation on the issues
- Send it to your friendly state legislator. Suggest that you are willing to help with more copies if needed!
- Send it to your unfriendly state legislator. Offer to provide them with further information from the Ruth Institute if needed
- Give it to a local radio talk show host when they seem to need further instruction on the subject! Suggest they invite Ruth Institute speakers to be guests on their programs
What will I learn?
- Why children deserve a mom and a dad
- How redefining marriage redefines parenthood
- Why supporting marriage is being on “the right side of history”
- Why there is more at stake in the marriage debate than “equality”
- Definitive proof that redefining marriage threatens religious liberty
- Why we need to get off the bench and onto the playing field to defend marriage!
This program does not contain a hint of “gay bashing.” You can play this with men or women in the audience who are same sex attracted, and not be embarrassed. You will not find a single word or suggestion that gays are bad or lesbians are unworthy. Instead, you will find clear simple reasoned arguments for why redefining marriage will be harmful to the whole society. Dr Morse predicts that problems will arise whether gays or lesbians intend them or not. Marriage plays a central role in any society. Radically changing the structure of marriage will have long-term consequences that we can’t wish away or talk our way out of.
What is on “Defending Marriage with Dr J?”
- Track 1: Dr J’s testimony at the Rhode Island State legislature, when they were considering redefining marriage
- Track 2: “What did you do to help the Bishop?” a dramatic recounting of what one city might look like 30 years from now, if present trends continue. Dr Morse crafted this presentation for a conference in Oakland CA in September 2010. The current Roman Catholic bishop of Oakland, Bishop Salvatore Cordileone, is known to his friends and enemies alike as “the father of Proposition 8.”
- Track 3: Dr J’s testimony to the State legislature in Minnesota, where they were considering placing a marriage amendment on the ballot, thus allowing the people to vote on something like Prop 8.